For FutureWatch 2011, MPI garnered insight from more than 450 industry professionals in 20 countries and from 67 MPI chapters. "After two challenging years for the business of our industry, we’re back with FutureWatch 2011 responses indicating material growth in activity of 8 percent. FutureWatch 2011 also indicates that this is the year where recent industry forays into virtual events and collaboration through social media will become increasingly mainstream. Thinking outside the room to drive performance through connectivity is becoming entrenched," said Bruce MacMillan, President and CEO of MPI.
- An 8% Increase in the Number of Meetings;
- A 5% Increase in the Spend Per Meeting;
- A 2% Increase in the Number of Attendees;
- A 2% Increase in Planners’ Budgets.
- US Organizations plan to have 87% of their meetings in the US. The 2nd choice, with only 6%, is Europe.
- Canadian Organizations plan on having 82% of their meetings within the Candian borders. The next place they are likely to travel to is the US, with 11% of the meetings.
- Europian Organizations plan to have 82% of their meetings in Europe. 10% of their meetings will be planned in the US.
Here is a summary of some the report results:
- 58% of the respondants said the number of meetings will increase this year.
- 42% said they are fully committed to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- 25% said demonstrating Return on Investment (ROI) from meetings and events, in detail, is their most important priority.
- 18% expected a significant increase in their budget this year.
When asked about the number of events said the following:
- 41% will stage more events in 2011 than 2010
- 40% will stage about the same
- 10% are unsure and
- 9% will stage fewer events
- 64% are projecting reduced budgets
- 53% feel an uncertain economy will affect their events
- 25% will be dealing with shorter lead times
- 23% will need to demonstrate ROI and/or value
- 21% are uncertain about their own company finances
With reduced budgets and shorter lead times, let AV Event Solutions, a California Event Equipment Company, help add value to your event experience without adding a lot of cost to your bottom line.