Every event planner wants their attendees to talk and remember their event for many months, and even years, after the meeting is long over. And for all the right reasons — not the wrong ones.
The Wedding Planning Institute has come up with their "A6 Formula" for event success, which is listed below, and I have added some additional ideas to make your event extra special and memorable.
- Spend time making your invitation very intriguing. Send the sample invitation to 20 people and get their feedback. Ask a simple question: Is this invitation enough to get you to the event? If it is not, keep tweaking it until it is right.
- Use Social Media to get people excited about the event. Tweet every day something new, ask questions, and/or send out speaker information. Have a contest.
- Set up a blogging schedule and invite guest bloggers to write for you.
- If the event location is hard to find, send out maps with the invitation. Make sure the address comes up on a GPS system.
- Specify parking instructions and if you can manage it in the budget, offer valet parking.
- Decorate the entrance as well as the meeting room.
- Have ambassadors or greeters at the registration area ready to greet and welcome attendees.
- Spend time examining the following items:
- Does the room convey an atmosphere that will engage attendees? If not, continue to change it until it does.
- In most cultures, food is the major focus of social gatherings, and meetings and events are not an exception to this rule. Great food and service will be remembered for a long time to come. Hire a caterer that provides both.
- Consider a caterer who brings creative ideas and resources to the food presentation, perhaps making it even part of the decor.
- Have a segment of your meeting dedicated to fun whether it be a motivational speaker, comedian, dancing, or creative networking techniques.
- Provide a gaming option during breaks. Rent iPads with games installed on them and create a contest among attendees. Rent Plasma Displays with Wii Consoles for team competitions, during breaks.
- Hire a walking magician if you anticipate long registration lines to keep the attendees amused.
- Let your attendees know they are appreciated by providing them with a thank-you bag or favor at the end of the event.
- Ask for business cards and raffle off a desirable and valuable gift at the end of the meeting day.
- Have ambassadors available to personally thank attendees for coming to the event.
AV Event Solutions can provide you with state-of-the-art interactive technology tool rentals to make your event really stand out with every attendee. Give them a call today and speak to an experienced account executive!