It’s not about the products and services your company makes or delivers; it’s the people that make all the difference. Your employees are the ones who sell your goods, talk to your customers and make your corporate events happen.
This post will talk about why you should appreciate your employees this Thanksgiving season and nine creative ways to do so.
Several studies have concluded that appreciated employees are productive employees. Here is the data:
- According to Harvard Business Review, the most engaged, loyal and positive employees felt their emotional, mental and physical needs were being met at the office.
- Research from Florida International University sited the following benefits of showing recognition and rewarding employees:
- More pride in their work
- Feeling appreciated
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Heightened commitment to the organization
- More open to constructive feedback
- Support and promote a positive work environment
- 75% of employees stated they would work harder if their contributions were recognized according to a study by Globoforce.
- According to FlexJobs
- 82% of professionals say they would be more loyal to an employer if they had more flexible working options while
- 74% said flexible working options would allow them to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Companies with engaged workers have 6% higher net profits per Towers Watson.
The Acts of Appreciation
Showing a true act of kindness, doesn’t have to cost you or your company thousands of dollars. Here are a few creative way that can really make the difference:
- Write a handwritten card of thanks to a fellow employee.
If applicable, have several members of your team sign the card.
- Write a recommendation for a fellow employee on LinkedIn.
- Add $50 to an employee’s paycheck when they do something great or give them a $50 gift card to their favorite establishment.
- Give to a charity they are passionate about.
- Throw a Thanksgiving lunch.
Bring in all the elements of a Thanksgiving dinner, right down to the turkey, stuffing and pecan pie. Do this the Thursday before Thanksgiving and invite all employees (in office and virtual) to attend.
- Put cookies, cupcakes and candy in the breakroom during Thanksgiving week.
- Offer time off.
Give every employee the option of paid time off on the Wednesday before or the Monday after Thanksgiving.
- Send a gift of flowers, food or wine to the employees’ home with a personalized note from your CEO.
- Create an Appreciation Wall.
Have employees tweet or use an app to write thoughts of appreciation for other coworkers. Display those notes of appreciation on a video wall rental unit during the month of November and December.
SmartSource Rentals Appreciates All Our Employees and Customers
We at SmartSource want to wish you and your family a truly wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Please know that we really appreciate your business and all you have done to make us truly successful. Once again, thank you!