The Internet has completely changed how we communicate. People from all over the world can connect with each other in the blink of an eye. And our ability to communicate and tap into the Web using technology gives us incredible opportunities in both our businesses and personal lives.
For anyone in Public Relations, this unparalleled ability to communicate via technology can be an incredible asset.
This also means that now, more than ever, timing and speed is everything in public relations.
Because everyone now has a voice and public opinion can be easily swayed by any number of sources, if your team is not on top of the information and stories that are being spread, this increase in communication can create some serious challenges.
3 Keys to Staying on Top of Your Public Relations Information
Whether your public relations event is planned ahead of time, or is a last minute response to an unexpected situation, there are several key things you should be aware of, if you hope to have an effective public relations campaign in today’s technology-driven market:
- Use Social Media Marketing Have someone on the team who is an expert in social media marketing and Internet press releases. Social media marketing requires specific new skill sets that are entirely different from those used in traditional media.
- Provide the Resources for Fast Online Communication A public relations team that does not have the technology or ability to communicate effectively online won’t be able to create and maintain the desired public image, or be able to disseminate the necessary information at the required speed.
- Respond to Damaging Information Unlike traditional media, all information remains on the Internet. That means once a bad story come out, it stays out. You need team members who are skilled in their ability to stay on top of, and respond to, the information that is being presented all over the Internet.
Technology for Effective Public Relations
Your team also needs, of course, so that they can do everything they need to do, exactly when they need to do it.
This is where SmartSource Rentals comes in. Our job is to give you all the technology support you need so that you and your team can focus on the strategy and information of your campaign.
We will provide the hardware, technology and service, you need to quickly ramp-up for an event or to grow your public relations staff.
Public relation events or situations we can help you with:
- News and press conferences
- Big PR campaigns
- Multiple events or specific PR meetings
- PR presentations
- In-office needs to support growing staff
For your public relations event or campaign we can provide:
- Lighting, sound equipment, microphone kits and sound mixing, to make sure everything looks and sounds right when the cameras roll
- Complex audio visual and IT integration
- LCD projector rentals
- Laptops and iPads so everyone on your team can plan, coordinate and tackle that social media marketing or tweet real-time news to your subscribers
- Plasma monitors, interactive kiosks or touch screen rentals so that videos, photos and presentations can be displayed on and viewed inside and outside of the meeting room
- Copiers, printers and workstation rentals to get your staff up and running quickly. Plus our technicians can pre-configure the equipment to suit your needs.
Since speed and timing are everything in public relations, the last thing you need is technology that fails so you can’t get your story out when you need to.
We offer you worry-free technology without having to be concerned about the long-term risk of buying, maintaining or supporting the hardware.
Give us a call today at 800.888.8686 or request a quote online.