Education is the lifeblood of many industries. Although it’s easy to think only of traditional classrooms, many business functions are designed to facilitate the distribution and/or exchange of information. According to Wikipedia (we thank them for helping us ALL learn!):
“Education is the process of facilitating learning. Knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits of a group of people are transferred to other people, through storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, or research.” (1)
Rental Technology Adapts to Educational Needs
While it may seem that education belongs entirely to schools, academies, and universities—businesses, in fact, are constantly educating in their own ways, through:
- Training Sessions
- Certification Programs
- Extended Learning
- Product Launches
- Trade Shows
- Lectures and Speakers
- Sessions and Talks
In nearly all of these situations, the business “classroom” may depend heavily on a temporary technology installation which can be setup quickly as the situation demands. A transportable classroom installation is useful for short-term sessions, traveling corporate training events, for cost-saving situations where renting saves over the cost of purchasing, or for businesses that would prefer to test out certain technology options before they commit.
Technology is Changing the Way We Learn
By 2012, the use of electronic educational technology, or e-learning, had grown at 14 times the rate of traditional learning. (1) As technology feeds our innate preferences toward convenience and individuality, we now feel that it is our right to have any information we need—immediately available at the push of a button. Not surprisingly, technology has changed the way we learn!
For modern learners, flexibility is a key factor in education now; customization and interactivity are expected. Naturally, there has been an increase in the popularity of mobile and distance learning—including online education, and virtual or hybrid classrooms, which can still provide a person-to-person experience, even across the planet! While classrooms once consisted of desks, chairs, and a chalkboard, modern classrooms are likely to include:
- Self-directed “autodidactic” learning
- Networked learning communities
- Electronic correspondence—blogs, chatrooms, email, SMS messaging
For traditional or corporate educators who strive to establish modern classrooms, the following technology options are the new standards:
- IPads – iPads literally put learning at one’s fingertips, whether as individual iPads for personalized learning OR a fleet of iPads that simultaneously distributes a presentation to an entire group.
- WiFi Connection – whether distributing information across the room or across the globe, a fast and reliable WiFi connection is nothing less than mandatory.
- ARS Clickers and Keypads – for in-person lectures, sessions, speakers, and presentations, audience response systems are an effective and inexpensive way to give your audience a say in the material. Use them to produce question and answer sessions that truly offer extended learning and deep discussion!
- Kiosks and Registration Stations – for on-location events and attendees, a registration kiosk is an excellent way to welcome guests and gather necessary information.
- E-Literature Software Solutions – an ideal technology offering for education, our ELit Station stores your information and distributes it, on demand—no expensive printing costs, wasted paper, or weighty, outdated textbooks! Attendees quickly, easily download materials such as:
- Coursework and assignments
- Syllabuses and outlines
- Reading materials and resources
- Product specs
Bringing Learning to a Wider Audience
As technology brings us the capabilities for long-distance learning and hybrid events, it opens doors to a wider audience of learners— also bringing the potential to customize learning for each individual student! Technology motivates learners in many ways; by putting us in control, offering non-judgmental instruction, providing interactive experiences, and allowing us to move at our own pace, technology helps us love to learn!
About SmartSource Rentals
With over 30 years of experience in Technology Rentals, SmartSource has learned a LOT about what makes a successful event! Give us a call today to let us apply our knowledge to your advantage!
References and Resources: